An essential for any telephone user, call waiting is your way of knowing that there’s someone else who wants to chat while you’re on the phone. Call waiting with Ooma will let you rest assured that you won’t miss an incoming call, even when you’re on the phone.
- How does call waiting work?
- Can all Ooma members use call waiting?
- Will I be able to see the caller ID for the incoming call?
- How do I conference the second call together with the first call?
How does call waiting work?
When you’re on the phone and another call comes in, an electronic beep will sound on the phone line to let you know that someone else wants to talk. If you’d like to take the call, you can accept it in a few different ways:
- Press the Flash button on your telephone
- On your Ooma Telo Base Station or Phone Genie, press the line 1 or line 2 button corresponding to the incoming call (it’ll be flashing orange)
- Premier: Ooma Premier subscribers who also have an Ooma HD2 or HD3 Handset can pick up another ringing phone in their setup to take the call on the Instant Second Line™
When you use call waiting to talk to the person on the other line, the call you were on is put on hold. You can press either the flash or the line 1 or line 2 button (depending on which line the original call came in on) to switch back to your original call.
Can all Ooma members use call waiting?
Call waiting is available to all Ooma users.
Will I be able to see the caller ID for the incoming call?
You’ll see the caller-ID of the second call if your phone supports the call waiting caller-ID feature.
Reference: You can learn more by visiting our Caller ID FAQ.
How do I conference the second call together with the first call?
Ooma Premier members can conference an incoming call together with the original call in either of the following ways:
- If you are talking on a phone connected to your Ooma Telo Base Station or Phone Genie, press the line 1 and line 2 buttons on your Ooma device at the same time to bridge the two calls together
- If you are talking on an Ooma handset, press menu, and then highlight 3-way conference and hit select
Reference: You can learn more by visiting our three-way conferencing FAQ.