User Extension Overview
The most common extension type that companies will set up in Ooma Office will be user extensions. Assigned to either an individual who will be making and receiving calls or to a specific location such as the front desk or copy room, user extensions come bundled with a direct phone number, a unique extension number, private voicemail, and personalized access to the End User Portal. Virtual Fax and a Conference Bridge can also be enabled for each user. User extensions are priced individually. You can review pricing for Ooma Office by visiting our pricing chart.
The Ooma Office administrator will assign one or more of the following devices to each user:
- ATA phone port: An analong phone port on the back of the Grandstream HT812 or HT814 ATA device.
- Base Station phone port: An analog phone port on the back of the Base Station.
- Ooma Linx: A device that connects wirelessly to the Base Station and supports an analog telephone.
- Ooma DP1 desk phone: A DECT analog phone that connects wirelessly to the Base Station.
- IP phone: A telephone purchased from Ooma that connects via a hard-wired Ethernet connection.
- Ooma Office mobile app: A smartphone app that allows users to make and receive phone calls over their Wi-Fi or cellular data Internet connection.
- Remote number: A cell phone or landline number where calls to the Ooma Office extension will be forwarded.
If your company has more than one location, each user extension should be assigned to the location the user works at for 911 purposes. If a user works out of two or more locations, the Ooma Office administrator will need to update the user’s location to correspond with the service address they are currently using.
You can learn more about the different device options and when to use them in our device overview article.
Choose a topic from the list below to learn more about managing user extensions:
Administrating a user extension
- How to add a new user extension
- How to update a user’s personal information and preferences
- How to change a user’s extension number or direct access phone number
- How to reset a user’s password
- How to reset a user’s voicemail PIN
- How to turn call forwarding on or off for a user
- How to remove a user extension
- How to change a user extension’s location
Making a user extension part of Ooma Office