Using the Ooma Office desktop application to dial numbers on webpages (Pro)
Once you have installed the Ooma Office desktop application, you can set it up to call numbers directly from web pages and applications you’ve installed on your desktop computer. Once you set this feature up, clicking a phone number will automatically open the Ooma Office desktop application and pre-populate the dialer with that phone number. From there, you can just click to call.
To get started, you’ll have to do some simple setup to make sure that the Ooma Office desktop application is your computer’s default calling application. Your method for doing this will depend on whether you’re running Mac OS or Windows, so be sure to follow the correct instructions below.
To update your settings on a Mac computer, follow these instructions:
- Open the FaceTime application.
- Use the navigation bar at the top of the screen to select FaceTime, then Preferences.
- At the bottom of the Preferences page, you will see a setting called “Default for calls.” Use the dropdown menu to select Ooma Office.
- Close the Preferences menu. Your change will be saved automatically.
To update your settings on a Windows computer, follow these instructions:
- Click the Windows search and type “Choose default apps by protocol.”
- Scroll down until you find the TEL protocol near the bottom of the page.
- Click the option to the right of the TEL protocol and select Ooma Office as the default.
- Close the Choose default apps by protocol menu. Your change will be saved automatically.