A dedicated receptionist will give your company a personal touch any time the phone rings. Depending on your preferences regarding what happens when the call times out, there are two different ways to direct calls to a dedicated receptionist.
If you want missed calls to go to the receptionist’s voicemail
If you would like missed calls to go to the receptionist’s voicemail or to another user, follow these setup instructions:
- Log into your Ooma Office Manager at http://office.ooma.com and navigate to “Numbers” under the “Setup” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Phone Number Mapping” screen, where you will see a list of available phone numbers on your account:
- Find your company’s main phone number in the list and then choose your receptionist’s extension from the corresponding dropdown menu.
- Save your changes.
By default, missed calls will go to the receptionist’s voicemail. The receptionist can also turn on call forwarding to forward calls to another user’s phone number by using the End User Portal as described in this FAQ.
If you want missed calls to go to the Virtual Receptionist or to another user
If you would like to use the Virtual Receptionist to back up your dedicated receptionist, you can set up a ring group with the sequential ring option by following these instructions:
- Go to the Extensions web page at http://office.ooma.com/extensions.
Click the “+Add Ring Group” button:
Your display will automatically populate with all of the extensions that can be assigned to your new ring group, as shown below:
- Fill in the ring group’s name, check your receptionist’s extension. You can select either ring mode since the ring group will only have one member.
- Click the Advanced tab and select “Transfer to Extension” for the next step when no one answers. Select the Virtual Receptionist as the extension that will receive the call.
- Save your changes to complete the ring group setup.