How to update a Virtual Receptionist's key press assignments
You can update a Virtual Receptionist’s key press assignments by following these instructions:
- Log in to office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to the Settings page.
- Locate the Virtual Receptionist whose key press assignments you wish to update and click the corresponding line.
- Click the Business Hours Menu tab to update the key press assignments while your business is open. Click the After Hours/Holiday Menu tab to update the key press assignments while your business is closed.
- Click the box that corresponds with the numbered key you would like to update. You can choose one of three options for each of the ten buttons on the phone:
- Company directory: Allows the caller to search the directory for the person they wish to reach by using their phone keypad to dial a name.
- Play announcement: This option allows you to list important information such as your business hours or time-sensitive offers. You can either upload an audio file, or you can type your message and use text-to-speech to say it out loud.
- Transfer call to Virtual Receptionist: Transfers the caller to another Virtual Receptionist. You can use this feature to build more intricate Virtual Receptionist menus, such as allowing the caller to choose a department and then letting the caller choose different functions within that department.
- Transfer call to extension: Transfers the caller to the extension assigned to that key. You can assign this option to a physical extension, a virtual extension, a Ring Group, or the Conference Server.
- Transfer call to voicemail: Transfers the caller directly to the voicemail of the extension assigned to that key.
- Fill out the required information depending on the option you choose.
- Save your changes.