How to update a user's personal information and preferences
Users can make some changes to their email address and extension preferences through the End User Portal without an administrator’s assistance. If you find that you need to step in to assist a user in updating their personal information or their account, you can do so by following these instructions:
- Log in to office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to the Settings page.
- Locate the user whose extension you will update and click the corresponding icon.
- Make any necessary updates.
- Click Save.
You can make changes to the following elements of a user’s extension:
- Update first and last name
- Change email address
- Reset or manually override the user password
- Resend the welcome email
- Update the user’s location
- Change internal extension number
- View extension phone number
- View extension Virtual Fax number
- View extension caller-ID
- Update the area code for 7-digit dial
- Add and remove devices assigned to the user
- Enable or disable the mobile app
- Enable or disable the Desktop app
- Toggle whether voicemail setup is complete
- Toggle whether callers will hear the default voicemail instructions
- Change voicemail pickup time/rings
- Change voicemail PIN
- Enable or disable voicemail to email notifications and corresponding preferences
Call Handling tab
- Choose what happens when the extension receives a call
- Toggle call forwarding when devices are offline and associated preferences
- Toggle Call Recording
- Enable or disable Virtual Fax
- Enable of disable Conference Bridge
- Update user’s calling permissions