How to turn call forwarding on and off
When you turn on call forwarding, incoming calls will be immediately sent on to the phone number that you have specified. You can configure your call forwarding preferences from your desk phone or from the End User Portal or Desktop Application
To toggle call forwarding from a phone
Set up call forwarding by dialing *72. Wait for the prompt and then dial the phone number that will receive calls, followed by #.
Toggle call forwarding on and off by dialing *74 and following the directions in the phone prompts.
To toggle call forwarding from the End User Portal or the Desktop Application
Log in to the End User Portal and navigate to the Call Handling option on the Settings page.
If you are using Desktop App select your name in the right top corner, then navigate to Settings and then Devices.
Follow the instructions below to turn on call forwarding:
- Select the Forward it immediately option from the when a call comes in dropdown.
- Select the My Forwarding number option from the Forward to dropdown.
- A popup window will appear. Fill in or confirm your Forwarding number.
- Choose whether you want to show the original caller’s number or your Ooma Office phone number from the Show dropdown.
- Select the Require key press on answer option if you want to be prompted to press 1 to answer a forwarded call. Turning this option on prevents your calls from being sent to your cell phone’s voicemail if you don’t answer, if your cell is turned off, or if you don’t have a signal.
- Save your changes in the popup window.
- Save your settings.