How to add IP phones to your Ooma Office account in bulk
You can bulk import up to 20 supported IP phones at a time by following these steps:
- Log in to office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to Devices under the Settings page.
- Click the Add button and choose Bulk IP Phone Import.
- Click Download CSV Template.
- Use Numbers or Excel to open the CSV template you downloaded. You can fill in the spreadsheet and save your changes. IMPORTANT: Be sure to save your file as a CSV file using Export (Numbers) or Save As (Excel).
- Return to Ooma Office and navigate back to the Import CSV File for IP Phones window. Click IMPORT IP PHONES CSV.
- Ooma will validate your CSV and flag any errors. At that point, you can choose to cancel the import and fix any errors within the CSV file before trying again.
- Click Next to complete this step of the import process.
- While Ooma is processing the imported IP phones, you will not be able to add new devices. This should only take a few seconds.
- The account admin will receive an email when the import is finalized.
A few things to keep in mind while you’re working with Numbers or Excel:
- The column headings must be in the top row, so don’t replace them with anything else.
- You must save your files in in the CSV format. If you are using Numbers application on Mac, use “Export” operation; if you are using Excel, use “Save As” operation.
- You may want to try importing a CSV with just a few IP phones to see whether you are satisfied with the results. If you are happy, you can expand your file to import up to 20 IP phones at a time.