How to add a new Ring Group
You can create a Ring Group by following these instructions:
- Log in to office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to the Settings page.
- Select Add and choose Ring Group from the dropdown menu.
- Give your Ring Group a name and choose its ringing mode:
- Simultaneous: The phones of all users in the Ring Group will ring simultaneously until someone answers.
- Sequential: The phones of users in the Ring Group will ring one at a time in the order you specify until the call is answered.
- Hybrid: You can create up to five subgroups. The phones in the first subgroup will ring simultaneously. The Ring Group will move on sequentially to the next subgroup until someone answers.
- Select Add Members. Your display will automatically populate with all the members (users and devices) that can be assigned to your new Ring Group.
If you’ve created a Hybrid Ring Group, use the Add sub-group button to create up to four more subgroups. Be sure to use the dropdown menu to choose how long each subgroup will ring before moving on.
Any user can be added as a Ring Group member. When you add a user to a Ring Group, all devices that are assigned to their account will ring. If a user would prefer that only specific devices ring, you can add just those devices as members of the Ring Group.
Click to add the users and/or devices that should ring when someone calls the Ring Group. If you selected a Sequential ring mode, choose the order in which the extensions will ring by dragging the higher priority extensions to the top of the list.
- Visit the Call Handling tab to configure additional Ring Group settings, including:
- Ring duration on each extension: The number of seconds (or rings) that your Ring Group will wait before transferring to another extension or voicemail.
- If no one answers then: Choose whether unanswered calls go to another extension or directly to voicemail.
- Select user: Choose the voicemail or extension that unanswered calls will be sent to.
- Visit the Numbers tab to configure the Ring Group’s internal extension and to select its direct dial-in number. A phone number has been pre-selected based on your company’s main phone number, but you can choose a new one by clicking on the suggested number. You can also update your Virtual Receptionist menus.
- Save your changes to finish setting up the Ring Group.