You can add a new DP1 phone to Ooma Office by following the instructions below:
- Make sure the DP1 phone is powered up.
- Log in to office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to the Devices page.
- Click Add Device and choose DP1 as the type of device you wish to add.
- Follow the on-screen setup instructions to pair the phone.
- Choose whether you wish to assign the phone to a user or leave it unassigned. Keep in mind that a user can only have one type of Ooma phone (DP1, IP Phone, or Linx device) assigned to them at a time. You may have to unassign an existing phone before assigning the DP1.
- Click Save.
When the phone’s setup is complete, the user’s name and extension number should display on the screen. If this is the first time the phone has been set up, it may need to download updates. This process may take several minutes, during which time the phone may restart one or more times.