Digital Call Deflection overview (Pro Plus)
Digital Call Deflection lets the customer shift the conversation from voice chat to SMS text message with a simple key press. This can serve a few purposes:
- Overall customer wait times are reduced
- Communication efficiency is increased
Here are some example use cases of Digital Call Deflection:
- A retail customer is greeted by a Virtual Receptionist. They press a key to receive a text message with a URL to order online instead of by phone.
- A customer who is greeted by the Virtual Receptionist can press a key to receive a text message link to the office location.
You can set up Digital Call Deflection by following these steps:
- Log in to office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to the Settings page.
- Select the Virtual Receptionist whose key press assignments you’d like to update.
- Choose whether you’d like to update the Business Hours Actions or the After Hours/Holiday Actions menu.
- Select the box that corresponds with the numbered key you’d like to update to bring up its Key Press Assignment menu.
- Choose Send text message in the Action menu.
- Choose the texting number the message will be sent from, and then write the message (up to 150 characters). You can also choose how you will receive a confirmation that the message was sent or an alert that the message failed to send.
- Save your changes.