Algo 8301 Paging Adapter and Scheduler setup guide
Make sure you have the following before setting up your Algo 8301 Paging Adapter and Scheduler:
- A way to power the Algo 8301. You can power the adapter in one of the following ways:
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) if the functionality is supported by your LAN switch
- A PoE injector
- A headset with a regular auxiliary connector, which is the easiest way of finding the paging adapter’s IP address.
- A pin or a paperclip to reset the paging adapter.
Follow the steps below to complete the initial setup of the Algo 8301 Paging Adapter and Scheduler:
- Plug the Algo 8301 adapter into the same network as your Ooma Office phones. If your network does not use PoE, you will need an external PoE injector. The device will boot up when it has power.
- When the device has finished booting up, the blue LEDs on the front will turn off. This process will take about 30 seconds.
- Next, you will need to use a headset to find the paging adapter’s IP address. Connect the headset to the adapter’s green output port and press the reset (RST) switch. You will hear the IP address through the headset.
- Type the adapter’s IP address in a web browser on a computer that is connected to the same network as your Ooma Office system. The default password to log in is algo. You will need to make the following change in the adapter’s web management interface:
- On the Basic Settings > Multicast page, choose Slave/Receiver as the multicast mode. You don’t need to select a zone.
- Connect the paging system’s audio input to the Algo 8301 adapter. You may need to consult the Wiring Instructions section of the paging adapter’s setup guide.
If you get stuck setting up your paging adapter or if you want more information about using the adapter, you can either check out the Algo 8301 Paging Adapter and Scheduler documentation or contact Algo directly for additional support.
Once the paging adapter has been connected to your overhead speakers and your Ooma Office system, you can follow the instructions here to set up a Programmable Button on any compatible Yealink IP phone. The only way to initiate a paging call to the overhead paging system is via a programmable button that has been assigned the Multicast Paging function.