The Ooma Headset is a wireless accessory that lets you enjoy hands-free calling with Ooma. The Headset communicates wirelessly with your Ooma Telo Base Station, giving you the flexibility to make and receive calls without being tied to one location. Easy to set up and comfortable to wear, the Headset gives you the freedom to multitask while talking on the phone.
- What’s in the box?
- How do I register the Ooma Headset?
- How can I answer an incoming call with the Ooma Headset?
- How can I make outbound calls with the Ooma Headset?
- How can I switch between two calls with the Ooma Headset?
- How can I adjust the volume of my Ooma Headset?
- How can I mute calls with the Ooma Headset?
- How many Ooma Headset devices can I have?
- What is the range of the Ooma Headset?
What’s in the box?
The Ooma Headset comes with the following equipment in the box:
- Ooma Headset
- Charging cradle
- AC adapter
- Neck band
- Over the ear hooks (2)
- Extra ear caps (5)
How do I register the Ooma Headset?
To register the Headset to an Ooma Telo Base Station, you can follow these instructions:
- Remove the Headset from the charging cradle.
- Press the PAGE button on your Telo Base Station and hold it down for three seconds. This will put the device into registration mode. The PAGE button is either on the back or the top-right corner of the Telo Base Station, depending on which version of the device you have (see below):
- Place the headset back into the charging cradle. The status LED will blink fast blue and red while pairing with the Ooma Telo Base Station. Once the unit is registered, the status LED will flash blue once every 10 seconds or will light up solid red while the battery is being charged.
- Pick up the Headset and press the TALK button. Listen for a dial tone to confirm that your setup is complete. You can hang up by pressing TALK again.
How can I answer an incoming call with the Ooma Headset?
The Headset will ring when you have an incoming call. To answer the call, press the TALK button. You can hang up the call by pressing TALK again.
How can I make outbound calls with the Ooma Headset?
The first time you make a call you will need to find the registration “slot” number of your Ooma Headset. This is a number between one and four that represents the order in which your Headset was registered compared to other wireless devices.
To find the slot number of the Ooma Headset, you will need a regular phone or an Ooma HD2 or HD3 Handset that is connected to your Ooma system. Pick up the phone, and dial *01, *02, *03, or *04 until the Headset rings. When your Headset rings, you will know that your slot number matches the last digit of the number that you just dialed (1, 2, 3, or 4). You may want to make a note of this number, as you will need it to make calls from your Headset. Once you have determined your slot number, you can place calls with your Ooma Headset by following these directions:
- Pick up a regular phone or an Ooma HD2 or HD3 Handset that is connected to your Ooma system.
- Dial *2, followed by your slot number. In other words, dial *21, *22, *23, or *24 so that the second number corresponds with your slot number.
- Dial the number you would like to reach.
Wait for the Headset to ring. When it does, press the TALK button to be connected to the outbound call.
For example, if your Ooma Headset is registered on slot number 2, and you wish to make an outbound call to phone number 1-877-959-6662, you would dial *2218779596662 from a standard phone to connect the call with your Headset.
How can I switch between two calls with the Ooma Headset?
You can switch between your current call and a second incoming call by pressing FLASH on your Headset (press down and hold the top VOL+/VOL- button until you hear a beep sound).
How can I adjust the volume of my Ooma Headset?
You can use the VOL+/VOL- button to adjust the volume of your Headset. Use these buttons while in an active call to adjust the earpiece volume, or use them when the Headset is idle to adjust the ringer volume.
How can I mute calls with the Ooma Headset?
You can mute and unmute the Headset microphone during a call by pressing the MUTE button (press down and release the top VOL+/VOL-).
How many Ooma Headset devices can I have?
The Ooma Telo Base Station can pair up to four wireless devices. That means you can have any combination of up to four paired Linx devices, HD3 Handsets, HD2 Handsets, or Headsets.
What is the range of the Ooma Headset?
The Headset is intended for indoor use with a range of up to 50 meters (164 feet) from the base station. This range may vary based on factors such as building construction and other electrical devices and appliances being used.