For the best LTE signal, the Ooma LTE Adapter should be placed in an area of your house with good cellular reception such as in a room with a window. It should ideally be located as close as possible to a window. Suction cups may be used to mount the adapter directly against a window. The adapter should not be placed in a corner, against a wall, or within five feet of a large metal object like a water heater or refrigerator.
The questions below can give you more detail about why you may be having difficulty getting the best signal for your adapter.
- Why are there signal issues in my apartment or home?
- Why is it best to place the adapter near a window?
- Can I place the adapter near any window or is there a way to select the best window?
- I don’t have windows. Are there other placement suggestions for the adapter?
- Will I need to move my adapter again once I’ve placed it the first time?
Why are there signal issues in my apartment or home?
Many factors can contribute to a poor signal:
- Building materials like concrete and steel beams can interfere with signal strength
- Electrical cabling, sheet metal, wire mesh, plumbing, and others structures within the walls of your home can reduce signal strength
- External factors like tall electrical power transmission cables, electric railway lines, and more can influence signal strength
- Your home is located in an area with low signal strength from Sprint
Why is it best to place the adapter near a window?
The adapter should ideally be placed in an area where it has a line of sight to the Sprint network’s tower or base station signal. A window is the easiest way to accomplish this.
Can I place the adapter near any window or is there a way to select the best window?
The best way to figure out the best window for your adapter is through trial and error. If you are not satisfied with the signal by the first window you choose, try another window that faces a different direction.
I don’t have windows. Are there other placement suggestions for the adapter?
The adapter can be placed in any open area above the floor, like a side table or a shelf. Avoid spots that are low to the ground, in an enclosed space like a closet, or close to metal objects like a microwave or a water heater.
Will I need to move my adapter again once I’ve placed it the first time?
Not necessarily. Sometimes cellular networks undergo upgrades and maintenance that may affect the signal in that area of your home. You may find that it is best to change the location of the device if it is no longer receiving a good signal.