The Ooma Home Security app uses modes, or preconfigured profiles to determine which sensors are active and which types of notifications those sensors will send. The Home Security app comes preconfigured with several different modes and can also support custom modes. You can adjust the settings for each of those modes to accommodate the needs of your household.
- What are the preconfigured Ooma Home Security modes?
- What settings can be adjusted for each mode?
- How do I switch modes?
- Can I temporarily change modes on Ooma Home Security?
- Does Ooma Home Security have a Vacation mode?
- How can I turn Vacation mode on?
- Can I schedule Vacation mode?
- Can Ooma Home Security automatically change modes when I leave home?
What are the preconfigured Ooma Home Security modes?
The Home Security app comes preconfigured with several different modes: Home, Away, Vacation, Night. You can make a custom mode in addition to the preconfigured modes provided by Ooma.
There is also a special mode named Off, which prevents sensors from automatically triggering the alarm on the Ooma Siren. You can choose to manually sound the alarm and call 911 when the Off mode is enabled.
What settings can be adjusted for each mode?
You can adjust the following settings for each mode:
- Scheduled times and days [Secure Plan]: Choose the times and days when a mode will be enabled (e.g. Weekdays at 9am, Saturdays at 3pm, etc.).
- Enabled sensors: Choose which of your Home Security sensors will be turned on for each mode. Many sensors can detect several types of activity, so choose which type(s) of activity will generate alerts.
- Notification types: Choose what types of notifications you will receive when an alert is generated. Multiple types of alerts can be set for each notification type.
How do I switch modes?
Secure Plan customers can set up modes to automatically switch according to the times and days of the week that have been assigned to them.
All customers can switch modes manually by doing one of the following:
- Swipe left or right in the top region of the dashboard to toggle between modes; or
- Navigate to the Mode screen and tap on the icon of the mode you would like to enable.
Can I temporarily change modes on Ooma Home Security?
You can temporarily switch Home Security to a different mode. For example, if you have a cleaning lady or a pet sitter who comes to your home while you are away, you can temporarily switch Home Security to the Home mode while they are there.
Whenever you manually change modes in the Ooma Home Security app from Away to Home, you will be given the option to automatically switch back to Away mode after a predetermined period of time. You can set the mode to automatically switch back to Away after 15 minutes, one hour, four hours, or eight hours.
Does Ooma Home Security have a Vacation mode?
Yes! Ooma Home Security has a Vacation mode that customers can take advantage of. This mode will override all other scheduled mode changes when it is enabled.
How can I turn Vacation mode on?
Vacation mode must be turned on manually. You can do this by tapping the Modes icon and selecting Vacation from the list of available modes. Once your system has been set to Vacation mode, it will not switch to any other mode until you have turned it off.
Can I schedule Vacation mode?
No. Vacation mode cannot be added to the schedule.
Can Ooma Home Security automatically change modes when I leave home?
Secure Plan customers can take advantage of Geofencing. This feature uses the locations of one or more smartphones to intelligently switch your setup between Home and Away mode. You can learn more about Geofencing in our related article.