Choosing the appropriate Ooma Connect data plan
There are several data plans to choose from with Ooma:
- LTE for Voice provides unlimited use of the Ooma Connect Internet connection for voice calls from all supported devices.
- Pay-As-You-Go allows LTE for Voice customers to use a la carte LTE data for non-voice purposes.
- Backup Internet provides up to 10 GB of backup LTE usage for either voice calls or for backup Internet traffic if your primary carrier has an outage.
- Backup Deluxe Internet gives you an LTE for Voice connection plus up to 10 GB of LTE usage for backup Internet traffic if your primary carrier has an outage. Since there are two Internet connections available, Ooma can constantly adapt to use the connection that will yield the best voice quality.
- Primary Internet lets Ooma serve as your primary Internet connection for both voice and data. There are two tiers of data to choose from: 50 GB and 125 GB. Voice calls are subtracted from this pool of data unless you have also subscribed to the LTE for Voice data plan.
To help you choose the best connection for your needs, we’ve put together some statements that describe various use cases and customer needs. Evaluate whether your business needs match one of these statements to determine best option for your business:
- I have a slow DSL or satellite Internet connection, but I use a lot of voice data. I want to use Ooma Connect as my primary Internet connection, but only for telephone service.
- I want to try Ooma Office out without disrupting my current Internet setup.
- I want to unlock the Continuous Voice feature for premium call quality.
If one of these statements describes you, consider subscribing to our LTE for Voice plan with either Backup Internet or Pay-As-You-Go Internet to supplement.
- I have a slow DSL or satellite Internet connection, but I only use a small amount of data. I don’t use the phone very often and I want to use Ooma Connect for all my Internet needs.
- I need to be able to move my connection quickly or set up new locations on the fly without worrying about the timeline of installing a wired Internet connection.
If one of these statements describes you, consider subscribing to our Backup Internet plan.
- I have a slow DSL or satellite Internet connection. I use the phone quite a bit, so I want to use Ooma Connect for telephone service as well as my other limited Internet data usage.
If this statement describes you, consider subscribing to our Backup Deluxe Internet plan.
- I’m happy with my current phone service, but I’m unhappy with my slow DSL or satellite Internet connection and would like a faster solution.
- I want to deploy a device like a mall kiosk that doesn’t need a phone plan but that does require instant-up Internet service.
If one of these statements describes you, consider subscribing to the Primary Internet plan that is most suited to your Internet data needs.
- I use a lot of data and I want to use Ooma Connect as my primary phone service and my primary Internet connection.
If this statement describes you, consider subscribing to our LTE for Voice plan along with a Primary Internet plan.