After your initial setup you may wish to continue expanding your Ooma Office system beyond your first extension. In the text below, you will find a description of each of the ways in which you can create an extension to branch out and meet the needs of your business.
Keep in mind that when you are opening the webpages indicated in this article you will need to log in as an administrator.
- How can I set up a new extension?
- What types of extensions can I set up?
- How much do new extensions cost?
- How can I delete an extension?
- How can I assign additional direct access phone numbers to an extension?
How can I set up a new extension?
You can set up a new extension by following these instructions:
- Log in to your Ooma Office Manager at http://office.ooma.com and navigate to “Extensions” under the “Manage” tab.
- Click on the “+Add Extension” button and choose the type of extension that you would like to add.
- Fill out the required information for the new extension and choose an unused extension number. The requested information will be different depending on the type of extension you choose to create.
- Save your changes.
What types of extensions can I set up?
You can choose from the following extension types:
- User: User extensions come bundled with a phone number and are assigned to individual employees. You will create a user profile for the employee, and then configure the devices that are assigned to the user. To learn more about adding new users, you may visit our users FAQ.
- Ring group: Ring group extensions allow you to direct incoming calls to multiple users. This is especially useful if you have a department such as sales or support with multiple employees who can handle incoming phone calls. Learn more.
- Conference server: With a conference server extension, you can set up multiple conference rooms. This extension type comes with a dedicated phone number. Learn more.
How much do new extensions cost?
The cost of a new extension varies depending on the type of extension you would like to add. Please refer to our pricing chart to learn more.
How can I delete an extension?
You can delete an extension by following these steps:
- Log into your Ooma Office Manager at http://office.ooma.com and navigate to “Extensions” under the “Manage” tab.
- Click on the Trash icon in the row of the extension you would like to delete.
- Click “Confirm” to delete the extension.
How can I assign additional direct access phone numbers to an extension?
All extension types except ring groups come with a phone number for direct calling access. The new phone number will be automatically assigned to the extension when it is created. If you need additional phone numbers beyond those that are included with your extensions, you can purchase them by following the instructions in our phone numbers FAQ.
You can review and update the extension that each phone number is assigned to by visiting the Phone Numbers tab in Ooma Office Manager. For more information, please see our mapping phone numbers FAQ.