We are no longer restricted to working in dedicated offices and workstations. Since work can often be performed from practically anywhere, people need the flexibility to take phone calls regardless of their location or to be able to move between locations while on a call.Ooma enables people to move an active call across extensions or devices using Call Park.
Parking a call places an active call on hold in a user-defined parking spot so it can be retrieved by anyone who knows the parking spot. There are many ways that this feature could be used:
- The user can park a call, change their location, and retrieve the call from a new extension.
- If a user needs to locate the person who will receive a transferred call, they can park the call until the transferee is available to pick it up.
- If a user needs to put an active call on hold without tying up a line.
Unlike call transfer, which requires a specific transfer destination, a parked call can be retrieved from any device by any user who knows the parking spot.
How to park a call with Call Park
You can park an active call using any desktop phone or the Ooma Office mobile app. The call can be retrieved by the same user or by any other user who knows the parking spot.
If a call is parked for longer than four minutes, it will ring back the device that was used to park it. While the call is parked, the remote party will hear a ring back tone.
Follow the instructions below to park a call or to retrieve a parked call.
- Dial *1 or, if you are using an IP phone, the Transfer button.
- Press *41, followed by the parking spot number (any number that will be used to retrieve the call).
- If you are using an IP phone, press Transfer again. Note that you will need to wait a few seconds before the option to transfer a second time appears as a softkey option on Cisco IP phones.
- Wait until you hear a confirmation message and hang up the phone.
How to retrieve a parked call with Call Park
If a call has been parked for you, you can retrieve it by following these instructions:
- Select a line or go off-hook.
- Press *41, followed by the parking spot number.
- Press #.