Virtual Receptionists make it easy for your customers and business associates to get crucial information or to reach the right person when they dial your company. In addition to allowing users to dial the extension they wish to reach without waiting, you can also assign a different function to each button on the phone. This gives you many different options to make the best possible connection with your incoming callers.
When you activate your Ooma Office account, your first Virtual Receptionist will be created and set up automatically. Your default setup includes a text-to-speech voice greeting personalized with your company’s name. You can press 0 to connect to your first Ooma Office extension.
As your company grows, you may wish to add additional Virtual Receptionists for different departments such as Sales or Accounting. These secondary Virtual Receptionists can be linked from the Virtual Receptionist at the main desk, creating a multi-level system that will help customers reach the correct department by navigating through a phone menu. If your business has multiple locations, you can set up a Virtual Receptionist that is specific to each one.
Choose a topic from the list below to learn more about Virtual Receptionists:
- Managing who the Main Number rings to
- How to add a new Virtual Receptionist
- Creating a multi-level Virtual Receptionist
- Virtual Receptionist greeting options
- Virtual Receptionist business and holiday hours
- How to update the Virtual Receptionist key press assignments
- Directing calls with the Virtual Receptionist
- Checking an extension’s voicemail remotely