Certain Yealink IP phones sold through Ooma support the programmable buttons feature, which allows users to assign a call function to a button for one-touch access. The following phones currently support programmable buttons:
- Yealink T21P-E2
- Yealink T23G
- Yealink T27G and optional Yealink EXP20 expansion module
You can configure or update programmable buttons by following these instructions:
- Log in to office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to Devices under the Settings page.
- Locate the device to be updated and click the corresponding line.
- Click the Programmable Buttons tab in the Edit IP phone window.
- Click on a button to configure it by selecting a function, entering a target (if necessary), and entering a display name that will appear on the phone beside the button. The following programmable functions are currently supported:
- Line: Quickly bring up a fresh line to make a new call
- Speed dial (internal or external): Dial internal Ooma Office numbers or external numbers with the touch of a button
- Call Park: Park a call in a predetermined parking spot, or retrieve a call from that parking spot
- Intercom: Dial an internal extension where the receiving device automatically answers via speakerphone
- Extension Monitoring: Monitor the status of an extension and enjoy one-touch speed-dial, call transfers, and more.
- Repeat Step 4 for each additional button you would like to program. If you need additional pages of buttons, click the +Page button. If you would like to add an EXP20 expansion module, click +Exp. Module.
- Click Save when you are finished.
When you are setting up programmable buttons on your IP phone and optional expansion module, Ooma recommends that you include a minimum of two Line buttons. For receptionists and other users who handle a heavy call volume, you should assign as many Line buttons as you typically have simultaneous calls.