Safe Search protects devices on your network from search results with images that contain explicit or obscene content. This functionality works to prevent questionable image results from all major search engines, so you can rest assured that no matter what service you use your device will protected.
Please note that Safe Search only removes pictures from search results. It does not filter websites that contain unwanted content from search results. In order to prevent computers in your household from accessing search results that contain inappropriate content, you will need to set up Content Filtering with the categories that you wish to block.
- How can I turn Safe Search on?
- Can I enable Safe Search for some devices but not others?
- Is there a way for an adult to bypass Safe Search?
How can I turn Safe Search on?
You can turn on Safe Search by following these instructions:
- Log into My Ooma and navigate to Safe Search under the Security tab.
- Check the box beside “Enable Safe Search” to turn this feature on.
Note: You will need to click the “Download Certificate” button to download an SSL certificate onto every device on which Safe Search will be enabled. You can learn more about installing the SSL certificate by visiting our FAQ.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Can I enable Safe Search for some devices but not others?
When you turn on Safe Search, it will be enabled for all devices on your network on which you have installed the SSL certificate.
Is there a way for an adult to bypass Safe Search?
No, Safe Search cannot be bypassed.