Ooma Home Security can notify you in a variety of ways when a sensor is triggered. You can set up which notification types you wish to prefer for each individual sensor, including the circumstances under which you would like to receive those notifications. Notifications setups can be changed up for different modes, so you’ll be sure to only receive the notifications that are most important.
- How can I set up notifications?
- What types of notifications can Ooma Home Security send?
- Will push notifications appear on my phone if I am actively using the app?
- What does the red hand on my sensor dashboard mean?
How can I set up notifications?
Notifications are set up for each individual sensor. To set up notifications, follow these instructions:
- Choose the sensor you would like to edit from the main screen. You can also select a sensor from the Notifications option under the More menu.
- Choose the mode that you would like to update, or choose “All Modes” to override your previous individual settings.
- Choose the type(s) of notification(s) that you would like to receive when the mode you have chosen is enabled.
- Tap “Save” to save your changes.
- If you would like to add notifications to another mode, repeat steps 2-4.
What types of notifications can Ooma Home Security send?
Ooma Home Security can send the following types of notifications depending on the plan to which you are subscribed:
|Monitor Plan||Secure Plan|
|Mobile push notifications|
|Telo base station announcements|
|Siren alert||Requires Ooma Siren|
Will push notifications appear on my phone if I am actively using the app?
No. Push notifications will only appear when the app is running in the background or when you are not using your phone.
What does the red hand on my sensor dashboard mean?
If you see a red hand on your sensor dashboard, it means that the tamper sensor has been disengaged on the sensor. You can disable this notification by pressing down the tamper sensor on the impacted hardware.