The Faces feature helps the camera to identify a particular face. You will get a notification when a face is detected. You can rename and save the face. Once a face has been named, you will get a notification if the same face appears again.
Select Faces under the main menu and use the in-app tutorial to learn more about using the Faces feature. You can also download the Ooma Smart Cam user manual.
- How can I set up Faces?
- How many faces can I tag?
- The app has detected a duplicate face. How do I fix this?
How can I set up Faces?
The Faces feature is available to our Premium Plan subscribers. To subscribe, navigate to the menu and click the Premium tab.
How many faces can I tag?
There is no limit to the number of faces that can be tagged.
The app has detected a duplicate face. How do I fix this?
Your camera must be trained by combining multiple faces. You can combine the face with an existing tagged face by following these instructions:
- Open the Ooma Smart Cam app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Faces option in the Menu bar to navigate to the Feeds & Events page.
- Tap the duplicated face in the Unfamiliar Faces section, then select an existing face from the list in the pop-up window and then tap Combine. This will help improve the recognition accuracy when the person is next seen by the camera.