You can update the Virtual Receptionist key press assignments by following these instructions:
- Log into office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to the Configure tab.
- Locate the Virtual Receptionist whose key press assignments you wish to update and click the corresponding icon.
- Click the box that corresponds wtih the numbered key you would like to update. You can choose one of three options for each of the ten buttons on the phone:
- Dial by name: Allows the caller to search the directory for the person they wish to reach by using their phone keypad to dial a name.
- Play announcement: This option allows you to list important information such as your business hours or time-sensitive offers. You can either upload an audio file, or you can type your message and use Text-to-speech to say it out loud.
- Transfer Call: Transfers the caller to the extension mapped to that key. You can map this option to a physical extension, a virtual extension, a Ring Group, the Conference Server, or directly to an extension’s voicemail.
- Fill out the required information.
- Save your changes.