The virtual receptionist can answer incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate location. This versatile tool has a variety of greeting options so that you can choose exactly what your customers hear when they call.
- How can the virtual receptionist greet incoming calls?
- How long can my Text-to-speech greeting be?
- What types of audio files can I upload?
- How long can my audio file be?
How can the virtual receptionist greet incoming calls?
Your Ooma Office virtual receptionist can greet incoming calls in one of two ways:
- Text-to-speech allows the system to read a text prompt aloud
- An audio file that you have recorded plays when the phone connects
When you activate your Ooma Office account, your virtual receptionist will automatically be set up with a Text-to-speech greeting that links to your first extension. You can update your greeting or switch between the two options at any time by following these instructions:
- Log into your Ooma Office Manager at office.ooma.com and navigate to “Receptionist” under the “Manage” tab.
Click on the content of the “Text-to-speech” box to open the “Initial Greeting” box:
- Click on the text of the initial greeting to edit the wording or to upload an audio file.
- Choose “Text-to-speech” or “Audio file” from the drop-down menu and update your greeting.
- Choose “Female (US),” “Female (British),” “Male (US)” or “Male (British)” as the vocal characteristic for the speaker if you have chosen Text-to-speech above
- If you have selected “Audio file” above, select the “Disclaimer” check box and click “Change File” on the screen that is displayed. Navigate to the location on your computer where the file is stored, select it, and then click “Open.” to upload the file to the system.
- Save your changes.
How long can my Text-to-speech greeting be?
You can have up to 400 characters of text.
What types of audio files can I upload?
You can upload either .wav or .mp3 files.
How long can my audio file be?
Your audio file can be up to 5 MB in size.