Since each extension has its own personal information, it is important to make sure that each extension is updated with the information of the employee who is using it.
- How can I update the information for an extension?
- What personal information can an extension have?
- Will the information I have assigned to an extension show on outgoing caller ID?
How can I update the information for an extension?
You can update the information for an extension by following these steps:
- Log into your Ooma Office Manager at http://office.ooma.com and navigate to “Extensions” under the “Manage” tab.
Click the “Setup” button next to the extension whose number you wish to change:
- Click the “Settings” button to update your extension’s information.
- In the “Basic” tab you can update the user’s information.
- When you are done, save your changes to exit the screen.
What personal information can an extension have?
An extension can have a first name, last name, email address, and password.
Note: Each extension must have a unique name.
Will the information I have assigned to an extension show on outgoing caller ID?
Your outbound caller ID will show the name of your company, not the information of the individual assigned to the extension that is being used.