There are two different ways to configure your Voicemail, depending on whether the extension you are using is a virtual extension or physical extension hooked up to the Ooma Office Base Station or an Ooma Linx device. To get started, follow the setup instructions below that best apply to the extension you are setting up.
- Physical Extension
- Virtual Extension
- Listening from any Ooma Office physical extension
- Listening from any phone
To set up Voicemail from a Physical Extension, simply pick up the phone and dial your own extension number. The first time you do this you will be prompted to set up your Voicemail.
To set up Voicemail for a Virtual Extension, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Ooma Office Manager at http://office.ooma.com and navigate to the “Extensions” option beneath the “Manage” tab.
- Click the “Setup” icon ( ) next to the Virtual Extension whose Voicemail you would like to configure.
- Under the “Voicemail” tab on the screen that is displayed, if you are not the owner of the Virtual Extension, manually set a temporary PIN in the Voicemail properties.
- If you are not the owner of the Virtual Extension, share the temporary PIN with the extension’s owner.
- Have the extension owner dial [*] from any Physical Extension that is connected to the Ooma Office system and enter the temporary PIN when prompted.
- The extension owner will now be able to follow the instructions to set up his or her Voicemail, including selecting a new PIN.
Listening from any Ooma Office physical extension
You can check your Ooma Office Voicemail from any Physical Extension. Simply pick up any convenient phone, dial [*], and then the Voicemail Number. When the call rolls to your Voicemail, press [*] and then follow the voice prompts.
Listening from any phone
You can check your Ooma Office Voicemail from any phone. Dial into your extension through the Virtual Receptionist or by calling its direct number. Wait until the call rolls to your Ooma Office voicemail, and then press [*] and follow the voice prompts.