The Ooma Headset is a wireless accessory that lets you enjoy hands-free calling with Ooma Office. The Headset communicates wirelessly with your Ooma Office Base Station, giving you the flexibility to make and receive calls without being tied to one location. Easy to set up and comfortable to wear, the Headset gives you the freedom to multitask while talking on the phone.
- What’s in the box?
- How do I register the Ooma Headset?
- How can I answer an incoming call with the Ooma Headset?
- How can I make outbound calls with the Ooma Headset?
- How can I switch between two calls with the Ooma Headset?
- How can I adjust the volume of my Ooma Headset?
- How can I mute calls with the Ooma Headset?
- How many Ooma Headset devices can I have?
- What is the range of the Ooma Headset?
What’s in the box?
The Ooma Headset comes with the following equipment in the box:
- Ooma Headset
- Charging cradle
- AC adapter
- Neck band
- Over the ear hooks (2)
- Extra ear caps (5)
How do I register the Ooma Headset?
To register the Headset to an Ooma Office Base Station, you can follow these instructions:
- Go to the Base Stations web page at http://office.ooma.com/base_stations by logging in as an administrator.
Click on the “Register New Device” button associated with the Base Station with which you will pair your new device:
- You will see a popup like the one below to let you know that your Base Station is in registration mode.
- You can now register the Handset by lifting it from the charging cradle and then placing it back in the cradle. The status LED will blink fast blue and red while pairing with the Ooma Office Base Station. Once the unit is registered, the status LED will flash blue once every 10 seconds or light up solid red while the battery is being charged. The popup on your screen will also indicate that the Headset is registered.
Keep in mind that the Headset must be added to a user’s profile before it can be used. You can add a device to a user’s profile by following these instructions:
- Go to the Extensions web page at http://office.ooma.com/extensions and log in as an administrator.
- Click on the user to whom you would like to add a device.
Click on the “Devices” tab in the pop-up, and then click “Add Device:”
Select “Ooma Headset” from the dropdown menu:
When you are prompted to select the Device ID, you should be able to select the Headset that you have already paired with the Base Station from the dropdown menu:
- Finish filling in the required information and save your changes. After a few minutes, the Headset should be available for use. Pick up the Headset and press the TALK button. Listen for a dial tone to confirm that your setup is complete. You can hang up by pressing TALK again.
How can I answer an incoming call with the Ooma Headset?
The Headset will ring when you have an incoming call. To answer the call, press the TALK button. You can hang up the call by pressing TALK again.
How can I make outbound calls with the Ooma Headset?
Log into your end user web portal at http://office.ooma.com (uncheck the ‘Login as administrator’ option) using the login extension number associated with the Ooma Headset:
Enter the number you wish to dial, and then select the device that you would like to use for the call if there are multiple devices associated with this extension. Click on “Call”, and then press the TALK button to be connected to the outbound call when the Headset rings.
How can I switch between two calls with the Ooma Headset?
You can switch between your current call and a second incoming call by pressing FLASH on your Headset (press down and hold the top VOL+/VOL- button until you hear a beep sound).
How can I adjust the volume of my Ooma Headset?
You can use the VOL+/VOL- button to adjust the volume of your Headset. Use these buttons while in an active call to adjust the earpiece volume, or use them when the Headset is idle to adjust the ringer volume.
How can I mute calls with the Ooma Headset?
You can mute and unmute the Headset microphone during a call by pressing the MUTE button (press down and release the top VOL+/VOL-).
How many Ooma Headset devices can I have?
The Ooma Telo can pair up to four wireless devices. That means you can have any combination of up to four paired Linx devices, HD2 Handsets, or Headsets.
What is the range of the Ooma Headset?
The Headset is intended for indoor use with a range of up to 50 meters (164 feet) from the base station. This range may vary based on factors such as building construction and other electrical devices and appliances being used.