Ooma Office for Mobile is a new option for small businesses that need a professional telephone solution at an affordable monthly price. Since there is no hardware or other equipment to purchase, signing up is quick and easy. All you need to get started is a cell phone that can receive text messages and an Internet browser. With powerful features such as a virtual receptionist, ring groups, extension dialing, and more that can all be set up and managed through a mobile phone, Ooma Office offers the upside of a hard-wired solution without any of the hassle.
- How is Ooma Office for Mobile different from other Ooma Office installations?
- How do I get started with Ooma Office for Mobile?
- What platforms is the Ooma Office mobile calling app compatible with?
- What payment methods does Ooma Office for Mobile accept?
- Can I set up my Ooma account with Ooma Office for Mobile and then install a Base Station later?
How is Ooma Office for Mobile different from other Ooma Office installations?
Ooma Office for Mobile allows you to set up and maintain a full Ooma Office account without purchasing or installing any hardware. Ooma Office for Mobile comes with all of the features of Ooma Office. Best of all, your entire setup can be managed from your smartphone or from a web browser.
If you decide later that you wish to expand your setup to include hardware components, you may purchase additional equipment to add analog phones, IP phones, or headsets to any extension.
How do I get started with Ooma Office for Mobile?
To get started with Ooma Office for Mobile, you will need a cell phone that can receive text messages and an internet-capable computer or Android or iOS smartphone. Then, follow these steps:
- Use a web browser to navigate to http://office.ooma.com/signup.
- Fill out your contact information. Make sure to double-check your cell phone number since you will receive a text message at this number.
- Check your cell phone for a text message with a verification code. Type that code in when you are prompted, and then press “Next” to complete Step 1.
- Fill out your business information to complete Step 2. You will need your company’s name and address.
- Type in the desired area code for your Ooma Office phone number, and then choose a city. You will see a list of available local phone numbers. Click on a number to select it, and then click “Next.”
- Finally, fill in your credit or debit card information and then choose a password that you will use for the Administrator account on the Ooma Office web portal.
That’s it! You will receive two welcome emails shortly with further instructions to help you get started. The first email contains instructions for the system Administrator, and the second contains information about your first extension, which was automatically created for you.
What platforms is the Ooma Office mobile calling app compatible with?
The Ooma Office mobile calling app is available for iOS and Android devices. In order to make and receive calls from these devices, you will need to download the Ooma Office mobile app from the iOS App Store (iOS version 8.0 or later for the 6.3.1 release, and iOS version 9.0 or later for the 6.4 release and beyond) or from Google Play (Android version 4.0.3 or later).
What payment methods does Ooma Office for Mobile accept?
Customers in the U.S. can sign up using Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express credit cards.
Canadian customers can sign up using Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
Can I set up my Ooma account with Ooma Office for Mobile and then install a Base Station later?
Accounts that are activated through Ooma Office for Mobile cannot currently add hardware components. The ability to add Ooma Office Base Stations to your account so that you may use Ooma Office with analog phones is coming soon.
You may integrate a cell phone or landline into your account to receive phones by setting up call forwarding. To learn more about this feature, please see our call forwarding FAQ.