The Ooma Linx is an important part of your Ooma Office setup. The Linx device gives you the flexibility to deploy analog phone extensions anywhere in your business that has an available power socket. With no wires to run and a simple setup process, the Linx device allows you to add a new phone in just a few minutes.
- How do I set up my Ooma Linx?
- What kinds of devices can I plug into my Ooma Linx?
- What Ooma Office features can I use with the Linx device?
- How can I configure the Ooma Linx device for a fax machine?
How do I set up my Ooma Linx?
You can learn how to set up the Ooma Linx by visiting our online tutorial, or by following these directions:
- Log into your Ooma Office account at office.ooma.com and navigate to the Base Stations tab.
Click on the “Register New Device” button next to the base station with which you will pair your new device:
- A pop-up will confirm that your Base Station is in registration mode. When you see this pop-up, plug the Linx device in to a power outlet that is close to the Base Station. It will automatically pair with the Base Station.
When you have registered the Linx device with your Base Station, you can assign it to a user by following the instructions in our tutorial, or by follwing the directions below:
- Navigate to “Extensions” under the “Manage” tab.
Choose the extension to which you would like to add the Linx device and click on the Settings button. Click the Devices tab on the pop-up that appears:
- Click “Add device” and choose “Linx” from the dropdown menu.
- When you are prompted to enter the Device ID, select the Linx device that you just registered from the dropdown list.
- Fill in the requested information and click “Save” to finish assigning the device to a user.
Your Linx is now paired to the Base Station and assigned to a user’s profile! You can move it anywhere in your business and use an existing telephone cord to plug in an analog telephone.
What kinds of devices can I plug into my Ooma Linx?
Any standard one-line analog telephone (corded or cordless) should be compatible with the Ooma Linx. Digital PBX phones and multi-line telephones are not compatible with the Ooma Linx.
What Ooma Office features can I use with the Linx device?
Physical extensions that are set up with a Linx device will have access to all of the same features in Ooma Office as the telephone that is plugged in to the Base Station.
How can I configure the Ooma Linx device for a fax machine?
For best results, we recommend that you connect fax machines directly to the PHONE port built into the Base Station rather than plugging into an Ooma Linx device.
You may still connect a fax to an Ooma Linx device, but this setup is not optimal.