Sometimes it can be advantageous to make it easy for your customers to reach the person they need directly. With Ooma Office, you can map one or several phone numbers to a single extension.
By default, the outgoing caller-ID for each extension will be the primary business phone number. If you have one or more phone numbers mapped to an extension, however, you can choose one of those other numbers as the extension’s outbound caller-ID.
- How can I map one or more phone numbers to a single extension?
- How can I choose which number will display on an extension’s outgoing caller-ID when it has numbers mapped to it?
How can I map one or more phone numbers to a single extension?
You can map phone numbers by following these instructions:
- Log into your Ooma Office Manager at http://office.ooma.com and navigate to “Numbers” under the “Manage” tab.
Scroll down to the “Phone Number Mapping” screen, where you will see a list of available phone numbers on your account. You can choose the same extension for more than one of these numbers, as shown below:
You can map each phone number to directly dial the extension you choose.
- Choose the extension that each phone number will ring from the drop-down menu, or choose “unassigned.”
- Save your changes.
In the example above, both the 650 number and the 514 number will ring the same extension when they are dialed.
How can I choose which number will display on an extension’s outgoing caller-ID when it has numbers mapped to it?
You can choose the number that will appear on the outgoing caller-ID for a specific extension by following these instructions:
- Log in to your Ooma Office Manager at http://office.ooma.com and navigate to “Extensions” under the “Manage” tab.
Click the “Setup” icon next to the extension whose caller-ID you wish to change:
- Click the “Settings” button to update an extension’s caller-ID settings.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Under the “Outgoing Caller-ID” drop-down menu, you can choose any phone number that has been assigned to the extension. You can also choose the primary business phone number even if it is not directed to your extension.
- Save your changes.