Once your account is activated online, you are ready to install the Ooma Office Base Station in your office. The Quick Start Guide included with your Ooma Office contains a printed copy of setup instructions to which you can refer as necessary. This FAQ contains additional information that may be helpful to you as you set up your Base Station.
- Things you’ll need to get started
- Basic Ooma Office Base Station setup
- What are my next steps after I set up my Ooma Office Base Station?
- What are recommended alternate setup configurations?
Things you’ll need to get started
In addition to the equipment contained in the box, you will also need the following to complete the installation process:
- Access to a high speed Internet connection
- At least one telephone and phone cable
- (Optional) Each Ooma Linx device will connect to a separate telephone or telephony device in your business (such as a fax machine)
Basic Ooma Office Base Station setup
Once you have activated your device online you will set it up between your modem and your router for the best connection. Once you have activated your device online, use the Ethernet cable included in the box to connect the TO INTERNET port on your Base Station to an open Ethernet port on your router.
Use the included Ethernet port to connect the TO INTERNET port on your Base Station to an open port on your router.
Then, use your phone cord to plug your analog phone or cordless base unit into the PHONE port on the Base Station.
Connect your phone to the Base Station by plugging it into the PHONE port.
Finally, use the included AC adapter to plug in the POWER port.
Plug in your Base Station using the included AC adapter.
The first time you plug in your device it may require a software upgrade. If this is the case, it will take approximately 5-10 minutes to download the update and boot up for the first time. Do not unplug your Base Station while it is upgrading; it will automatically reboot after the upgrade is complete.
While your Base Station is booting up it is normal for the status light on the front of the device to blink for several minutes.
The status light will turn solid blue once the system is ready for use.
What are my next steps after I set up my Ooma Office Base Station?
After setting up your Base Station, there are a number of things you can do next, including:
- Install your Ooma Linx device and expand your setup further. Learn more.
- Dial your Ooma Office main phone number (or pick up your Ooma Office phone and dial the Virtual Receptionst’s assigned extension) to hear the Virtual Receptionist deliver the message that your customers will hear. Learn more.
- Log in to your Ooma Office Manager http://office.ooma.com and customize your setup. Learn more.
- Add additional extensions, ring groups, conference server, or phone numbers. Learn more.
- Start the process of porting your existing business phone number to Ooma. Learn more.
What are recommended alternate setup configurations?
The Ooma Office is flexible enough to work in almost any network configuration, but to keep things simple as you are getting started, we recommend that you connect your Base Station directly to your router. If you would like to explore other and recommended setup configurations, please see the Alternative Setup Options section of your Quick Start Guide.
The Ooma Office is flexible enough to work in almost any network configuration, but to keep things simple as you are getting started, we recommend that you connect your Base Station directly to your router. If you would like to explore other and recommended setup configurations, please see the Alternative Setup Options FAQ.