By default, your Ooma Office account comes with one phone number and one extension upon activation. You can easily grow your Ooma Office ecosystem beyond this to meet your company’s needs.
- What types of additional capacity can I add to my Ooma Office setup?
- How do I add additional capacity to my Ooma Office setup?
- How do I turn on the conference server?
- How much does additional capacity or service cost?
- How do I integrate my new capacity into my Ooma Office setup?
- Is there a limit to the number of phone numbers I can have?
What types of additional capacity can I add to my Ooma Office setup?
There are several ways in which you can increase the capacity of your Ooma Office setup:
Each person or department (such as accounting or accounts receivable) will have its own Ooma Office user. A user has a phone number, an extension number, a voicemail account, virtual fax, and a login for the Ooma End User web portal. Users can be assigned one or more devices such as an analog phone connected to an Ooma Linx device or the Ooma Mobile app depending on how they will use Ooma Office.
Additional Base Stations
The Base Station can support up to five analog phones: one with the phone port on the back of the device and up to four others connected wirelessly with optional Linx devices. If you need additional analog phones, you can purchase additional Base Station units. You can expand your system’s capacity up to 20 analog phones.
Additional phone numbers
Additional numbers can be used to provide direct-dial capability to certain extensions (bypassing the virtual receptionist), to map numbers from multiple area codes to the virtual receptionist, and more. You can purchase additional phone numbers whenever you need them.
Toll-free phone number
A toll-free phone number can expand the footprint of your company to give you a national presence. Each toll-free number can receive up to 500 minutes of free incoming calls per month.
The conference server comes with its own phone number and can facilitate many conference rooms, providing each department with their own. Employees and customers can dial in and be connected to convenient multi-person conference calls.
Ring groups allow you to direct incoming calls to multiple extensions so that calls ring the phones of all employees in a single department (such as Support or Accounting). Ring groups can be assigned to a direct phone number or accessed through the virtual receptionist, making it easy to incorporate them into your Ooma Office system.
How do I add additional capacity to my Ooma Office setup?
You can add additional physical or virtual extensions by following these instructions:
- Log into your Ooma Office Manager and navigate to Extensions under the “Manage” tab.
- Click on the “+Add Extension” button and choose the type of extension that you would like to add. You can choose from the following extension types:
- User: User extensions come with their own phone number are assigned to individual employees. You will create a user profile for the employee, and then configure the devices that are assigned to the user. To learn more about adding users, please visit our web tutorial.
- Ring group: Ring group extensions allow you to direct incoming calls to multiple users. This is especially useful if you have a department such as sales or support with multiple employees who can handle incoming phone calls.
- Virtual fax: A virtual fax extension is optimized to receive incoming faxes.
- Conference server: With a conference server extension, you can set up multiple conference rooms.
- Fill out the required information for the new extension and choose an unused extension number. The requested information will be different depending on the type of extension you choose to create.
- Save your changes.
You can add additional phone numbers by following these instructions:
- Log into your Ooma Office Manager and navigate to Numbers under the “Manage” tab.
- Choose the area code of the phone number to which you would like to assign the phone number.
- Select a city from the “Select a City drop-down menu,” and then click “Search.”
- Select a phone number on the screen that is displayed.
- Select the extension to which you would like to associate the new phone number, and then click “Confirm.”
How do I turn on the conference server?
You can turn on the conference server by following these instructions:
- Log into your Ooma Office Manager and navigate to “Conferences” under the “Manage” tab and click “Setup Conference Server.”
- Choose the extension number that will be assigned to your conference server on the screen that is displayed.
- Set up the first conference room by entering the name, the conference room ID, and an optional Participant PIN.
How much does additional capacity or service cost?
We have outlined the pricing structure for adding additional capacity to your setup in this pricing chart.
How do I integrate my new capacity into my Ooma Office setup?
New users and special extension types will appear under the “Manage Extensions” menu so that you can integrate them into your system through the Virtual Receptionist, or by assigning them to a telephone number or a ring group. These should appear immediately once they are purchased, and can be set up right away.
New phone numbers can be mapped to any existing extension, including physical extensions, virtual extensions, ring groups, conference server and your virtual receptionist. You can learn more about mapping phone numbers to extensions by visiting our FAQ.
Is there a limit to the number of phone numbers I can have?
Your Ooma Office setup is designed to accommodate up to twenty phone numbers.