Adding a toll-free number to your business just makes sense. A toll-free number conveys a professional, big-business persona that can add authenticity to your small business’s brand. It can also give your business a national presence in the US or Canada since it allows customers from these countries to contact your business free of charge.
- How do I set up a toll-free number?
- How many toll-free numbers can I have on my Ooma Office account?
- How can I assign a toll-free number to an extension?
- How much does a toll-free number cost?
- Is there a calling plan I can subscribe to if I expect to receive a lot of toll-free calls?
How do I set up a toll-free number?
The instructions below will walk you through setting up your account’s first toll-free number. You can set up additional toll-free numbers by contacting a Customer Support representative.
You will see a list of available toll-free numbers. Choose one that you like, and then choose which extension will ring when the number is dialed:
Click Confirm to add the toll-free number to your Ooma Office account. Note: You cannot set up Ooma Office with a toll-free number as your primary number. The main number on your Ooma Office account must be a local number.
How many toll-free numbers can I have on my Ooma Office account?
You can have multipe toll-free number on your Ooma Office account, up to your account’s limit of 20 phone numbers. If you would like more than one toll-free number, please contact Customer Support.
How can I assign a toll-free number to an extension?
Once you have set up your toll-free number, you can assign it to an extension by following selecting an extension type in our extensions FAQ and then following the appropriate instructions.
How much does a toll-free number cost?
The first toll-free number that you add to your account is free. Additional toll-free numbers cost $9.95/month for US customers, or CAD $14.95/month for Canadian customers.
Your toll-free number includes 500 minutes of free inbound calling per month. If you exceed 500 minutes per month, then your account will be charged at 3.4¢ per additional minute.
Is there a calling plan I can subscribe to if I expect to receive a lot of toll-free calls?
If you are receiving more than 500 minutes per month of incoming toll-free calls, you can subscribe to a calling plan to reduce the cost to your business. There are two plans currently available:
- 1,000 additional minutes of toll-free number calling per month (1,500 minutes total) for $15 per month. Additional minutes are charged at 2.9¢ per minute.
- 2,500 additional minutes of toll-free number calling per month (3,000 minutes total) for $30 per month. Additional minutes are charged at 2.4¢ per minute.
If you would like to subscribe to one of these plans, you can do so by visiting the Add-Ons section of Ooma Office Manager and clicking on Services.