The most common extension type that most companies will set up in Ooma Office will be user extensions. Assigned to an individual who will be making and receiving calls or to a specific location such as the front desk or copy room, user extensions come bundled with a direct phone number, a unique extension number, private voicemail, and personalized access to the End User Portal. Virtual Fax and a Conference Bridge can also be enabled for each user. User extensions are priced individually. You can review pricing for Ooma Office by visiting our pricing chart.
The Ooma Office administrator will assign one or more of the following devices to each user:
- Base Station phone port: An analog phone port on the back of the Base Station.
- Ooma Linx: A device that connects wirelessly to the Base Station and supports an analog telephone.
- IP phone: A telephone purchased from Ooma that connects via a hard-wired Ethernet connection.
- Ooma Office mobile app: A smartphone app that allows users to make and receive phone calls over their Wi-Fi or cellular data Internet connection.
- Remote number: A cell phone or landline number where calls to the Ooma Office extension will be forwarded.
You can learn more about the different device options and when to use them in our device overview article.
Choose a topic from the list below to learn more about managing user extensions:
Administrating a user extension
- How to add a new user extension
- How to update a user’s personal information and preferences
- How to change a user’s extension number or direct access phone number
- How to reset a user’s password
- How to reset a user’s voicemail PIN
- How to remove a user extension
Making a user extension part of Ooma Office