Ooma Office is compatible with most models of analog fax machines. When a fax machine is added, it comes with its own direct dial phone number and extension number. A fax extension is automatically configured to send and receive high-quality faxes.
You can install a fax machine by following these instructions:
- Log into office.ooma.com as an administrator and navigate to the Configure tab.
- Click Add and select Fax Machine from the dropdown menu.
- Name the fax machine (e.g. “Copy Room”) and supply an email address.
- Select the phone number that will be assigned to the fax machine. A phone number has been pre-selected based on your company’s main phone number, but you can choose a new one by clicking on the suggested number.
- Choose the Base Station phone jack (Recommended) or the Linx device that the fax machine will plug into. If you do not have an open analog phone port, please see our devices overview to learn more about the options that are available to expand your setup.
- Save your changes.
When you have finished following these steps, you may plug your fax machine into the selected device. Once it is set up, your fax machine can send and receive faxes according to the manufacturer’s instructions.