What could be more convenient than the ability to check voicemails online? Perhaps having those voicemails sent to your email so you can listen to them right from your inbox? With Ooma’s Voicemail Forwarding, you can have the time-saving combination of voicemails in your email. No matter where you are, as long as you have an Internet connection to check your email, you’ll never miss a voicemail message again.
- Who can use Voicemail Forwarding?
- How are voicemails included in the email?
- Is there any way to transcribe my voicemails so I don’t have to listen?
- What format are the voicemail audio files in?
- How large are the file attachments?
- How can I turn Voicemail Forwarding off?
- My voicemail messages are not getting sent to my email address. Where are they?
- What email hosts or clients are capable of playing a voicemail message right from my inbox?
What is Voicemail Forwarding? How does it work? Voicemail Forwarding goes a step further than Voicemail Notifications. Instead of simply notifying you via email or text message that you have a new voicemail, the Voicemail Forwarding email will include an audio file as an attachment. With most email clients, you’ll be able to listen to your message right from your inbox!
To enable Voicemail Forwarding, follow these directions:
- Log into your My Ooma account and navigate to the Voicemail menu under the Preferences tab
- Under Forwarding and Notifications, select “+Add notification”
- Select the option to forward your voicemails to email
- Enter the email address that will receive notifications
- Select whether you want a text notification or if you want to attach an audio file of the voicemail to each email. If you are subscribed to Voicemail Transcription, then you can also select the Transcription option to receive both the audo file and a transcription of the voicemail message
- Save your settings
Who can use Voicemail Forwarding?
Voicemail Forwarding is available to Ooma Premier subscribers.
How are voicemails included in the email?
If you select the option to include voicemails in the email so that you can listen right from your inbox, the voicemail file will be included as an attachment.
Is there any way to transcribe my voicemails so I don’t have to listen?
Yes! For a small additional monthly fee, Ooma offers two tiers of voicemail transcription service. You can learn more by visiting our Voice-to-Text FAQ.
What format are the voicemail audio files in?
Attached voicemail audio files are in the .mp3 file format.
How large are the file attachments?
The file attachments are around 400kb per minute of talk-time. The size of the file attachment will ultimately depend upon the length of the voicemail.
How can I turn Voicemail Forwarding off?
You can turn Voicemail Forwarding off by clicking the Delete link on the right side of the saved setting.
My voicemail messages are not getting sent to my email address. Where are they?
If you’ve properly set up Voicemail Forwarding and you’re not receiving emails, the first thing you should do is check to make sure that your email is not sending messages from firstname.lastname@example.org to your spam folder.
Note: It may take several minutes for an email or text message to reach your device.
What email hosts or clients are capable of playing a voicemail message right from my inbox?
Audio files are downloaded to your computer, and are generally played with whatever application you have identified as a default to play .mp3 audio files.