- I cannot hear my messages when I press the play button
- When I press Play the message is garbled or too low and pressing the volume doesn’t help
- People say they left me a message but when I hit play nothing is there
- My greeting for Line 2 is the same as Line 1, how come?
- I set up a personal greeting and I still hear the standard greeting, how come?
- How do I check my message from another phone?
I cannot hear my messages when I press the play button
- Check to ensure the volume is turned up.
- Check to see if you can hear the message by lifting the handset, press play then 1
- Check to see if you can listen to the messages online via myooma
- Can you Call Screen? (This is a Premier feature only that allows you to listen to your messages in real time as they are being left).
- Hub users ONLY can perform a speaker test by pressing, « Rew, » FF and the TRASH CAN all at the same time then letting go. If the speaker is good you will hear a slightly increasing pitch. If the speaker is bad you will hear nothing and will need to contact Ooma Support. This will NOT work on a Telo.
- If a-d fail, please contact support.
When I press Play the message is garbled or too low and pressing the volume doesn’t help
- Are your phone calls garbled/low as well?
- Is the message garbled/low in my.ooma.com?
- Is the message garbled/low when you listen via your handset?
If the answer is Yes, this is most likely a “bandwidth” issue with your internet. Please reference our Quality of Service support article. This article will walk you through how to change your settings on your unit while Learning More about Ooma Quality of Service offers some helpful information on how QoS works.
If the answer is No, please contact Support.
People say they left me a message but when I hit play nothing is there
- If you have multiple phones with built-in voicemail, check to see if the voicemail was left there and kindly turn off that voicemail so that they do not conflict with each other.
- If you have a landline, check to see that the messages were not left there. You may want to disable that feature or extend the number of rings each one has to avoid further conflict.
- If call forwarding is enabled the message may have been sent to the phone the calls are forwarding to. (This will only happen if the Multi Ring prompt, Press 1, has been turned off)
- If you are a hub and scout user, check the scout, the message could have already be been retrieved and/or deleted from there.
My greeting for Line 2 is the same as Line 1, how come?
If the two lines are “shared” in my.ooma.com you will not be able to have 2 separate voicemail boxes. You must make each line a “private” device to use this feature. To make them “private” please log in to your myooma and initiate the proper settings you require. You will need to reboot the unit.
I set up a personal greeting and I still hear the standard greeting, how come?
Creating a personal greeting is only step one. Please navigate your browser to: http://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgebase/voicemail-menu-guide to learn more on how to change your greeting “type”.
How do I check my message from another phone?
Please navigate your browser to the following link to learn more about the basic functionality of your Ooma Broadband Answering System: