Faxing from home has just gotten faster and more reliable for Ooma Premier subscribers with Premier Faxing. Now you can configure your fax settings to be as redundant as necessary to boost your transmission speeds and increase the reliability of your sent messages.
- What is Premier Fax and how is it different from regular faxing?
- How many levels of redundancy can I enable?
- Does Premier Fax take up extra network resources?
- How do I turn Premier Fax on?
- Is Premier Fax available for all users?
What is Premier Fax and how is it different from regular faxing?
Regular faxing allows you to send and receive transmissions through your Ooma connection. You can learn more about regular faxing with Ooma here.
Premier Fax extends our PureVoice™ adaptive redundancy technology to fax calls. This boosts both reliability and transmission speeds to ensure that your outgoing transmissions reach their destination quickly and with fewer errors. Up to three redundant copies of your original message will be sent and combined on the receiving end, providing greater fidelity to the original document.
How many levels of redundancy can I enable?
You can enable up to three levels of redundancy depending on your needs. Each level will take up additional bandwidth, so users with limited network resources should consider their needs carefully.
Does Premier Fax take up extra network resources?
Yes, Premier Fax does require more bandwidth than traditional e-faxing. For each level of redundancy that is enabled (up to 3x), we recommend at least 80kbps of bandwidth.
How do I turn Premier Fax on?
You can turn on Premier Fax by following these instructions:
- Log into your My Ooma and navigate to System under the Preferences tab
- Select the option to enable Premier Fax and decide how many levels of redundancy you would like to enable
- Save your settings
Is Premier Fax available for all users?
Premier Fax is available to Ooma Premier subscribers.