One of the perks of a multi-line household is the ability to give a dedicated phone line to the person or people who need to have their own. Whatever the reason might be for wanting two or more separate phone lines, Ooma’s got you covered with personal devices. Combined with personal numbers, you can give anyone in the house their own telephone, phone number, and My Ooma account. You can have all the benefits of multiple phone lines with none of the hassles or added expenses!
- What are personal devices? How do I set one up?
- What features do personal devices have access to?
- How do I associate a phone number to a personal device?
- What is the difference between a personal device and a shared device?
- Can I add another number to my personal device?
- Can I assign a phone number to ring on more than one personal device?
- How many personal devices can I create?
- How do I delete a personal device?
- If I have more than two personal devices, can all of them be on a phone call at once?
- Are personal devices available to all users?
What are personal devices? How do I set one up?
Personal devices allow you to set aside one or more of your Ooma devices as a dedicated line that will only ring when a particular phone number is dialed. Personal devices are autonomous from your other Ooma devices and have their own My Ooma account that can be used to set up a private voicemail, personal calling preferences, custom ring tones, and more.
You might be interested in setting up personal devices if one of these situations resonates with you:
- You have a home business that needs its own phone line
- You wish to have a dedicated fax line
- You have a child or children old enough for individual phones
- You have a roommate, tenant, or live-in relatives
Since you don’t have to worry about the hassle and cost of rewiring your home to accommodate multiple phone lines, you can easily customize everything so it’s right for you and your family.
To get started, you’ll need to have a subscription to Ooma Premier. You’ll want to set up at least one personal phone number as well (although this can be done later). Once you’ve done that, you can set up at personal device by following these directions:
- Log into your My Ooma account and navigate to Devices under the Preferences tab
- Click on “+Add a Personal Private Account” to bring up a pop-up window that requests information for the new account
- Fill out all of the information
Important: Be careful when you set up the Login Information, as this will be the information for the personal device’s My Ooma account
- Save your information
You can now reassign devices from your main account to your personal account.
What features do personal devices have access to?
A personal device has most of the features of your main My Ooma account. You can customize your device in most of the ways you could customize your normal Ooma including voicemail forwarding, custom ring patterns, call forwarding, and individualized privacy preferences.
Although personal devices can be used to make international phone calls with money that is already in your prepaid account (or if the main account has subscribed to an international bundle), it cannot be used to add money to your prepaid account or purchase additional services.
How do I associate a phone number to a personal device?
If you’ve already added a personal number to your account, you can then assign a number to your personal device by doing the following:
- Navigate to Phone Numbers under the Preferences tab
- Click on the icon next to the personal number you want to reassign
- Select the option to move the number to your personal device’s account from the dropdown menu
Now all future incoming calls on that phone number should ring only the personal device you’ve specified.
Reference: You can learn more about personal phone numbers by visiting our FAQ.
Note: You can subscribe to up to eight additional phone numbers, for a grand total of ten phone numbers to associate to various personal devices.
What is the difference between a personal device and a shared device?
By default, all of your phone numbers are associated with all of your Ooma devices. Think of it as a shared pool of devices acting as one single phone system. When you create a personal device, you remove that device from the shared pool to make a separate phone line. Any phone numbers assigned to the personal device will no longer be part of the shared pool; instead they are dedicated to the personal number it is assigned to, complete with its own My Ooma account!
Can I add another number to my personal device?
Yes! A personal device can have more than one phone number associated with it. You can add another phone number by clicking on the “Add a new phone number” link next to the personal device.
Can I assign a phone number to ring on more than one personal device?
No. You will need to choose which phone you want to ring for each number, and you may only choose one personal device per number.
How many personal devices can I create?
You can have a maximum of five personal devices: one for your Ooma Telo, and one each for up to four Ooma Telo Handsets.
How do I delete a personal device?
Navigate to the Device Preferences screen. Click on the icon beside the device you’d like to delete, and select “Delete” from the dropdown menu.
If I have more than two personal devices, can all of them be on a phone call at once?
No. You can only have up to two concurrent phone calls on your Ooma Telo at any given time. Any additional incoming phone calls will go straight to the voicemail for whichever line the call came in on.
Are personal devices available to all users?
Personal devices rely on having two or more phone numbers, which means they are only available to Ooma Premier subscribers.