The Ooma Home Security app is the interface through which you can interact with Ooma Home Security hardware. You will use this app to pair your sensors and confirm that your sensors are working properly, to toggle your sensors between home and away mode, and to manage and receive notifications.
- How can I install the Ooma Home Security app?
- What information do I need to log into the Ooma Home Security app?
- Can I install the Ooma Home Security app on multiple smart phones?
- How many devices can be logged into the Ooma Home Security app?
- How can I use the Ooma Home Security app to pair sensors with my Telo?
- Can I reorganize the placement of the sensors on my dashboard?
- What does the 911 button do?
- What are modes?
- How do I switch modes?
- Can I temporarily change modes on Ooma Home Security?
- Does Ooma Home Security have a Vacation mode?
- How can I turn Vacation mode on?
- Can I schedule Vacation mode?
- How can I temporarily change modes?
- Can Ooma Home Security automatically change modes when I leave home?
- How can I set up notifications?
- Will push notifications appear on my phone if I am actively using the app?
- What does the red hand on my sensor dashboard mean?
- Is there a video that can guide me through setting up the Ooma Home Security mobile app?
How can I install the Ooma Home Security app?
The Ooma Home Security app is available for iOS and Android mobile devices. You can find the app in the iTunes store or in the Google Play store.
The minimum system requirements for the Ooma Home Monitoring app are iOS 8 or Android 4.4.
What information do I need to log into the Ooma Home Security app?
In order to log into the Ooma Home Security app, you will need to know the primary phone number for your Ooma Telo as well as the account’s password.
Can I install the Ooma Home Security app on multiple smart phones?
The Ooma Home Security app can be installed on multiple smart phones for customers with the Secure Plan service tier so that several people from the same household can receive alerts if an alarm goes off.
How many devices can be logged into the Ooma Home Security app?
Customers with the Secure Plan service tier can have unlimited devices logged into the app as long as they can each provide the login credentials.
How can I use the Ooma Home Security app to pair sensors with my Telo?
You can use the app to pair sensors with your Telo by pressing the “Add Sensor” button on the dashboard. Choose the type of sensor you would like to pair, and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Can I reorganize the placement of the sensors on my dashboard?
Yes. To reorganize the placement of the sensors on your dashboard, press and hold the sensor you would like to move. When the icon starts shaking, it can be reordered.
What does the 911 button do?
The 911 button allows customers with the Secure Plan service tier to dial 911 as if they were calling from their home phone and using their home address. This means that you can reach your home’s local emergency services from anywhere in the US or Canada, and that the 911 dispatcher will automatically receive your home address when the call connects.
When you push the 911 button, you will be asked to confirm that you wish to dial emergency services from your home address, along with which phone you are using (e.g. cell phone, work phone, etc.). You will then see a prompt telling you that you will receive a call to the phone you have selected shortly. When you pick up the call, you will need to press “1” to confirm that you wish to dial 911.
What are modes?
Modes are profiles that determine which notifications Ooma Home Security will generate. The Home Security app comes preconfigured with several different modes: Home, Away, Vacation, and Night. You can also make a custom mode.
You can adjust the following settings for each mode:
- Scheduled times and days [Secure Plan]: Choose the times and days when a mode will be enabled (e.g. Weekdays at 9am, Saturdays at 3pm, etc.).
- Enabled sensors: Choose which of your Home Security sensors will be turned on for each mode. Many sensors can detect several types of activity, so choose which type(s) of activity will generate alerts.
- Notification types: Choose what types of notifications you will receive when an alert is generated. Multiple types of alerts can be set for each notification type.
How do I switch modes?
Secure Plan customers can set up modes to automatically switch according to the times and days of the week that have been assigned to them.
All customers can switch modes manually by doing one of the following:
- Swipe left or right in the top region of the dashboard to toggle between modes; or
- Navigate to the Mode screen and tap on the icon of the mode you would like to enable
Can I temporarily change modes on Ooma Home Security?
Secure Plan customers can temporarily switch Home Security to a different mode. For example, if you have a cleaning lady or a pet sitter who comes to your home while you are away, you can temporarily switch Home Security to the Home mode while they are there.
Does Ooma Home Security have a Vacation mode?
Yes! Ooma Home Security has a Vacation mode that customers can take advantage of. This mode will override all other scheduled mode changes when it is enabled.
How can I turn Vacation mode on?
Vacation mode must be turned on manually. You can do this by tapping the Modes icon and selecting Vacation from the list of available modes. Once your system has been set to Vacation mode, it will not switch to any other mode until you have turned it off.
Can I schedule Vacation mode?
No. Vacation mode cannot be added to the schedule.
How can I temporarily change modes?
Whenever you manually change modes in the Ooma Home Security app from Away to Home, you will be given the option to automatically switch back to Away mode after a predetermined period of time. You can set the mode to automatically switch back to Away after 15 minutes, one hour, four hours, or eight hours.
Can Ooma Home Security automatically change modes when I leave home?
Secure Plan customers can take advantage of Geofencing. This feature uses the locations of one or more smartphones to intelligently switch your setup between Home and Away mode. You can learn more about Geofencing in our related article.
How can I set up notifications?
Notifications are set up for each individual sensor. To set up notifications, follow these instructions:
- Choose the sensor you would like to edit from the main screen. You can also select a sensor from the Notifications option under the More menu.
- Choose the mode that you would like to update, or choose “All Modes” to override your previous individual settings.
- Choose the type(s) of notification(s) that you would like to receive when the mode you have chosen is enabled.
- Tap “Save” to save your changes.
- If you would like to add notifications to another mode, repeat steps 2-4.
Will push notifications appear on my phone if I am actively using the app?
No. Push notifications will only appear when the app is running in the background or when you are not using your phone.
What does the red hand on my sensor dashboard mean?
If you see a red hand on your sensor dashboard, it means that the tamper sensor has been disengaged on the sensor. You can disable this notification by pressing down the tamper sensor on the impacted hardware.
Is there a video that can guide me through setting up the Ooma Home Security mobile app?
Yes! You can watch our tutorial video to help you through the app setup process.