Turn on Content Filtering to prevent devices in your household from accessing websites that contain or promote content that you would rather not have in your home. You can choose to use the default filtering options that Ooma offers, or you can customize your Content Filtering preferences by choosing from 105 different content types as you create your own custom filter.
- How do I turn Content Filtering on?
- What are the different levels of Content Filtering?
- Is there a way for an adult to bypass Content Filtering?
How do I turn Content Filtering on?
You can turn on Content Filtering by following these instructions:
- Log into My Ooma and navigate to Content Filtering under the Security tab
- Check the box beside “Enable Category Blocking” to turn this feature on
- Choose the level of filtering that you wish to enable, or create your own custom filter
- Click Save to confirm your changes
What are the different levels of Content Filtering?
You can choose from the following different levels of Content Filtering:
- Minimal: Sites containing pornography are blocked
- Moderate: Sites containing all adult material are blocked
- Strict: In addition to blocking sites containing adult material, sites promoting drugs, violence and weapons, gambling, illegal or questionable content, tasteless content, profanity, and mature humor are blocked
- Custom: You choose from 105 available website categories to customize which types of sites are blocked and which are allowed
Is there a way for an adult to bypass Content Filtering?
Yes. You may use the override password to bypass Content Filtering by temporarily whitelisting websites that have been flagged as containing unwanted material. When you enter your override password, you will be able to select the length of time that you would like to whitelist the website from the following options: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, one hour, two hours, four hours, 24 hours, or indefinitely.