There are some people that you want to hear from, and many that you probably don’t. If you are tired of receiving calls from strangers and people that you’re not interested in talking to, then contacts only calling can help. Contacts-only calling restricts incoming calls to your Ooma phone to only those people who are on your contact list. If they’re not on the list, then they won’t get through. It’s that simple.
- What is contacts only calling?
- How can I turn on contacts only calling?
- Is contacts only calling available to all users?
- What are the different options for what happens to a call from a blocked number?
What is contacts only calling?
Contacts only calling is our most restrictive call blocking setting. When you have this feature turned on, only calls from people who are on your Ooma contact list will be allowed to ring your phone. Since you can add and remove people from your contact list at any time, you are in complete control regarding who is able to reach you and who is not.
Reference: You can learn more about your contact list, including how to add and remove entries, by visiting our FAQ.
How can I turn on contacts only calling?
You can turn on suspected spammer call blocking by following these instructions:
- Log into your My Ooma account and navigate to Call Blocking under the Preferences tab.
- Click next to “Block all numbers not in my contacts.”
- Select from the dropdown to specify will happen to calls that come in from blocked numbers.
Is contacts only calling available to all users?
Contacts only call blocking is available to all Ooma Premier members.
What are the different options for what happens to a call from a blocked number?
When you enable contacts only calling, you get to choose what happens to diverted calls. No matter what you choose, your phone at home will never ring:
- Call Blocked Message will redirect callers to a recorded message informing them their call was blocked.
- Sent to Voicemail will send all blocked numbers straight to voicemail.
- Number Disconnected Message will redirect callers to a recorded message informing them that your number has been disconnected.
- Continuous Ring will cause the call to ring for a period of time and then the caller will hear a busy signal.